Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Real Life

My life is not "together."

I don't wake up in the morning with a smile and a yawn, followed by a flawless blood sugar check, then lace up my shoes to go on a run.

I'm awful at following routines and schedules, inherently stubborn to the standards I set for myself. Ic change my mind, and set too-high standards and worry about what other people see me as.

I'm not perfect.

But amidst this mess I like to call my life, I need to take into account all that I do. I aced my first semester of nursing school, made friends and memories, stayed in touch with family and friends, and managed a chronic disease.

Sure, my A1c went up a little. Sure, There have been times where I didn't call my mom back on time or where I got stressed and blew off studying to hang out with friends. Sure, I forgot about the gym for the entirety of November and December. But I'm learning, I'm living, and I'm experiencing.

We all are. We're doing better than you'd think when we take a step back and look at our accomplishments. Most of us could use a little dose of change and a positive attitude, myself most definitely included.

So here's to little positive changes with a big impact, and not stressing about our images or how "togteher" our lives are. Drink a cup of coffee, call a friend, and download your blood sugars. Heck, change your lancet!


2017 is going to be a good year, guys.
Because we're going to make it one.

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will read it :)
Word-verification is back on due to lots of annoying spam.