Saturday, October 27, 2012

Firsts :)

I am a freshman in High School, so this weekend was supposed to be full of firsts! Football game, Homecoming Dance, fun!!!!! But something else was first. First pump failure....... Ughhhhhhh.....


 So I changed my site before bed,which I KNOW is bad but I was waiting until the battery died/after the game. nd my mom was fine with testing me, as she does pretty much every night. 1 am my BG was 306 mg/dL. Not crazy, but enough we suspected the pump.... Popped in a new inset, plugged the current tubing in, because the tubing looked fine, the insulin was  good 5 hrs ago, and it had been sitting in the kitchen. refilled cannula. ezBG and sleep.

 at 1, I was 280ish. Coming down, getting insulin. 2 am, finally time to correct  without rage bolusing, 274. ezBG, sleep. 4 am 254. Ketones negative (mayyybe trace but not quite), so not enough to worry about.

 Now, 281, but I needed a morning basal adjustment anyway. Finally I corrected with a shot. We'll see how this goes. If I get back in range by lunh I think I will eat a cookie. ( Lunch ratio is working great and I'm weighing the cookie ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will read it :)
Word-verification is back on due to lots of annoying spam.