Monday, December 17, 2012

The All too Real World.

I have 3 more days of school this week, and Christmas is in in 8 days! But *Caution* this post is on an entirely different note.

Too much has happened in the last week. Way too much.

I'm sure we all know about the tragic shooting in Connecticut. I can't believe anyone would do something so horrible; and my heart breaks a hundred times over for everyone involved. Rest in peace, little angels. <3

I don't think I can write much of a post about that though.
This is more about how real OUR lives are, as diabetics.
Too real.

I have a friend in a some of my classes who also has type 1. She was out sick Thursday and Friday, and I didn't think much of it. I mean, it's flu season, everyone's missing a day here and there for a cold of something. No big. And we walked to dance together today, we laughed about some weird hat someone was wearing. And then she told me about last week.

Basically, she had been having some high blood sugars and ended up in DKA. It's scary how fast that can happen. Then her mom took her to the ER, and they refused her any insulin. Her ketones were going up, and still no insulin. Then finally, they told her to go to Children's Hospital, where they finally gave her insulin. Then, they decided to take her OFF the pump. Back to shots and start fresh.

She isn't happy with the shots, so it would mean a lot if you could pray for her :)

But it happens so fast. it could be you in DKA, or anything and anywhere else. That's why, even though it sounds cliche: LIVE in the moment. LOVE like you've never been hurt. LAUGH like the world is a joke.


MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
-Katy (=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will read it :)
Word-verification is back on due to lots of annoying spam.