Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pictures. For Real? Lows. For Real?

I have this bad habit of using fake photos.

   I don't take very good fun pix with my friends, so on my bulletin board, there's always something totally unrelated to my life... currently a flower and a pretty picture of the beach from google.
But it's pretty!
So pictures for real? No.

Apparently I have a bad habit with leaving my testing stuff behind, too.

   I did it twice today. Once in my hall locker and once in my gym locker. I mean, sure, if I'm not doing much in P.E.,  why tote the whole kit-n-caboodle? (LOL, I might sound like an old lady... I hope not.) So there's two other type 1 girls in my class this year. Weird, I know! (Ever since we've got to high school, though, we don't talk about diabetes. It's like a stupid unspoken rule. Any suggestions? ) Enough with my friend issues.
    So I left my sugar in my gym locker, and clipped my pump to  the inside of my gym shorts, and went out to the room our class was in. It was hot, even with the mild weather and tropical-ish-late-Summer-and-So-Cal-shushed-together rain, so I didn't think twice when I felt sticky.
   Halfway through warm ups, I rolled my hair up into a top knot for a little relief. I asked my friend if it looked okay. She laughed and said yes.
   Then I started to feel a little off. Not too bad, but off. I figured I was high, and tried to ignore it. After a while, though, I realized I was low. Right after the teacher said we had to be quiet. Then low-stupidly-polite Katy decided to wait her turn to talk.
   Finally, I asked to test.. and everybody stared at me while the TA walked me out the door like a small child... And in my very low state I tried to make a joke as I walked by my friend. ("Awkward, awkward,awkward...")
   Finally, I pulled the lock off the latch and dug for my meter. I wiped of my finger, pricked it with my lancing device (aka poker) and somehow managed to stop shaking enough to get blood on the strip. 5... How low am I? 4... What if I'm not low? 3... Oh, yeah I'm low. 2... 5 seconds is a long time. 1... Ready the smarties...

49.

Ate two rolls of smarties (12g) .02U on board what the heck? another half of a roll (3g) and back to class. Weird days. But where do I put this thing anyway, I can't just bring it to class? I did today, but...

Another problem another day, right?
Happy sugars!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will read it :)
Word-verification is back on due to lots of annoying spam.