Friday, April 27, 2012

Thank You Pancreas (Like I promised)

Dear Pancreas,

Thank you for working for nearly 14 years. Thank you for making insulin so I didn't have to get shots. Thank you for letting me eat too many lollipops at school, or having too much strawberry lemonade at that pizza place I like. Thank you for letting me learn to have absolutely no plans sometimes. You know what? I still can. But also thank you for not working, because diabetes has helped me make new friends, try new things, learn new info, and show me how great my friends can be. ( And also give me a good laugh sometimes.) I don't want diabetes, really, but if I could go back and change anything? It wouldn't be my diagnosis. There's something amazing for everything I hate. (At least in this situation.)

Thank you Pancreas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will read it :)
Word-verification is back on due to lots of annoying spam.