Thursday, November 29, 2012

Diaversary

I decided to post this today, after the whole day yesterday :)

Yesterday was a weird day. Mostly because it had been 1 year since my diagnosis. 1 year. 12 months. 366 days. (yes, it was a leap year!) However you want to say it, that seems like a big milestone. It's been an insane year, good and bad. Laughter and tears. My life, and my friends' lives. I don't think I would change anything I did.

The Diabetic Online Community (and people in general) have been amazing. Thanks guys. Thank you to my family, for helping and learning and stopping everything and understanding. Thank you to my friends for doing everything you can. Thanks to my diabetes educator that taught me everything- I really relate to you and look up to you a lot. (P.S. she made me want a pump... love this girl!) Thanks to our case manager (the endo team person that helps with dose adjustments) for helping make sense of blood sugar patterns all over the map. And thanks to my endocrinologist for being kind of perfect :)

I started this blog after seeing Sixuntilme.com. Kerri's posts are amazing! Because of that, I know other diabetics out there can see my uphill battle to get a pump, great find for medical IDs, first time at Diabetes camp, first pump failure, and so so much more!

To celebrate all that, I ate blue cinnamon toast for breakfast, and my mom bought dinosaur chicken nuggets for dinner. All that festive food makes you feel real mature. ;) So happy last couple days of  Diabetes Month, and Don't forget To wear blue for the last Blue Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will read it :)
Word-verification is back on due to lots of annoying spam.