Friday, May 18, 2012

Everyone D Free needs to know.

What would I like everyone unaffected (mostly) by my diabetes (or anyone else's) is...

What It's Like.
They don't know what it's like to not sleep right for six months and counting. They've never poked their fingers. They haven't missed lunch to sit in the nurses' office, waiting patiently for no good reason. They don't worry about hiding their pump or their injection bumps. They have no idea why suddenly, I hardly ever fight with my parents. They don't worry about their blood sugar. They don't need to haul a bunch of medical junk everywhere they go. They've never given themself a shot, or been dehydrated for weeks. They don't know what we feel because most of the time, besides our stupid pancreases, we are healthy and livimg our lives.  They don't know the subtle pain that diabetes brings. They don't see why we need friendships with other people going through this. They don't know why I make little awkward cartoons about my blood sugar, and how it's hard to dislike another diabetic. They don't know what it's like to have to eat right now, or they'll be low. They have no idea....
But still, I manage to love their stupid questions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will read it :)
Word-verification is back on due to lots of annoying spam.