Friday, May 4, 2012

My first thought.

I was sitting in the doctor's office last November, feeling like all sorts of nastiness. I was tired and thirsty and all these things I just couldn't put my finger on. I remember wearing the absolute first thing I found that morning, I was so tired. Then I didn't go to school, I mean I would've been miserable. So there I was in the waiting room looking at cute babies but not excited. And the doctor walked in and said, "You have diabetes." I was on the verge of tears, and My first thought was - What the heck? there were lots of second thoughts. But I like sugar! Wait whats going on? But I'm healthy! Was this because I was on the chubby side in first grade? I started thinking about all the people I knew with type 1... A total of 2. Then I thought about a magazine article about a girl with diabetes, and she sounded fine.  but then I started thinking stereotypes and other autoimmune conditions and things seemed ugly. Couldn't I wait? But on the other hand, I was going to feel better. Yay!!!!! Is it just me or is diabetes all mixed up too? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will read it :)
Word-verification is back on due to lots of annoying spam.