Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday D Blog week!

What should I improve?

Yesterday, I mentioned all the little things I'm not celebrating. Those are mostly small, though, and I don't want to say, "I'm a great diabetic and these are my only problems." Hey, if you are, that's amazing. But I would be lying... so I can't say it. What I need to do is accept the words, "I have diabetes." It's hard to say without cringing. It's hard to hear, "Oh, she's diabetic." Because I am new to this, it's hard to accept those words. I feel like diabetes is not the problem, it's the words. I want to have a regular pancreas, and I want to have an official "no medical issues" record. I can do it, and I'll admit it. Heck, I'll shove my meter in your face and say, "Yeah, glucose meter!!!!!" But I just don't like the word, diabetes. (DIABEETUS!) Truth is, it's life, so I'll get used to it. But for now... say insulin or glucose...not DIABETES, because I'm not like that old man on TV. It's okay, you guys can say it, just not me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will read it :)
Word-verification is back on due to lots of annoying spam.